Want to See Trump’s Tax Returns? Vote Dem in 2018
It’s pretty clear what you have to do.
This is a tremendous selling point for 2018.
Want to see Trump's tax returns?
Vote Dem. https://t.co/k9FpzZSikp
— Armando (@armandodkos) February 12, 2017
Or run on a Dem ticket yourself. Has the case for a Democratic House ever been starker? No accountability will ever come to Donald Trump until the Dems take over the House and launch into some major investigations with teeth.
There are already many separate investigations to be launched:
1. His tax returns. Actually this should be part of a larger investigation into all Trump’s unprecedented conflicts of interest and his serial violation of the Emoluments Clause of the Constitution. In this category you have everything from Kellyann Conway’s hawking Ivanka Trump’s line to Trump’s continuing to use Margo Lago as part of the US government like he did in receiving Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe this weekend.
2. Russia with all its many moving parts. The latest here is the revelations that, yes, Michael Flynn did talk about Russian sanctions after all-including on the day Obama imposed them.
But Dems need to speak with a lot of people: Paul Manafort, Carter Page, Roger Stone. Regarding Stone, we should also speak wot Julian Assange-he can come in over satellite.
The Dems need to speak to both Stone and Assange to get their stories straight already. Did they or did they not speak during the 2016 campaign? Stone has contradicted himself. He told a Miami crowd last August he did. Later he said he never did but that an ‘acquaintance’ of his did.
What difference does it make whether it was him or his acquaintance on his behalf? Either way, that’s collaboration.
3. The Muslim ban. What is the timeline? What processes did the go through prior to signing this EO? Did he speak with any relevant agencies? Pretty clear he didn’t speak to any legal counsel as they would have told him you don’t go to court and tell them they don’t have the authority to hold you accountable.
Very importantly, what happened with the Custom border agents? Why did they ignore a federal court ruling which told them to stop holding people? Who told them they could ignore it?
4. Yemen. If Benghazi deserved nine hearings this certainly deserves a few of its own. The fact that Trump seemed to have made this decision lightly-over dinner with Steve Bannon-is by itself arguably an impeachable offense.
5. James Comey. Ok, this could be seen as a corollary of 2. But Dems need both to investigate the email investigation and what led him to send out that letter 11 days before an election while comparing and contrasting that to how Comey kept the investigation of Trump-Russia ties on the down low.
John Podesta went there again last week:
“Hillary Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta criticized the FBI on Wednesday for how it responded to the Democratic National Committee’s hacked emails, which U.S. intelligence agencies say Russia stole and gave to WikiLeaks in order to tip the election to President Donald Trump.”
“I think to this day it’s inexplicable that they were so casual about the investigation of the Russian penetration of the DNC emails,” Podesta said during a cybersecurity panel at the NewCo Shift Forum in San Francisco, according to TechCrunch. Clinton campaign general counsel Marc Elias and CrowdStrike president Shawn Henry, whose firm investigated the DNC hacks, were also on the panel.
“They didn’t even bother to send an agent to the DNC,” Podesta said. “They left a couple of messages at the IT help desk saying, ‘You might want to be careful.’”
“There are at least forces within the FBI that wanted her to lose,” he added.