‘Julian Assange: ‘Dear Hillary, I Miss Reading Your Classified Emails.’ On Trump Campaign Wall, Oct 2016
This could be the big one. Or one of the big ones. There are so many. But this is on the other side than what we’ve been hearing about lately-obstruction. This relates to the Russia collusion charge itself.
This will be important –> House Russia probe wants to talk to Trump digital director Brad Parscale https://t.co/AOGIKOS4iZ
— Caroline O. (@RVAwonk) June 17, 2017
1. Parscale dismisses the influence of Twitter bots & Twitter in general in new CNN article. His views on this were very different in Oct. pic.twitter.com/wgkbKxgf75
— Caroline O. (@RVAwonk) June 17, 2017
Indeed. He was singing a much different tune back in October, 2016:
“Parscale is one of the few within Trump’s crew entrusted to tweet on his behalf. He’s sitting at a long table in a double-wide trailer behind the debate arena, cheek to jowl with his fellow Trump staffers and Reince Priebus, chairman of the Republican National Committee. The charged atmosphere and rows of technicians staring raptly at giant TVs and computer screens call to mind NASA on launch day. On the wall, a poster of Julian Assange reads: “Dear Hillary, I miss reading your classified emails.”
Dear Hillary, I miss reading your classified emails. So-yes-Parscale is a very good place to go if you’re trying to figure out if Russia collusion itself happened.
Let’s recall a few things.
1. Trump’s Last Press Conference. That was on July 27, 2016. After that, he never gave another press conference the rest of the campaign. Which was ironic as at the same time they were counting down the days since Hillary last gave a presser-with the media playing along. Finally, in September she would give a number of pressers, and, just like many had pointed out, it was no big deal. The sky didn’t fall, She didn’t swallow her own tongue or trip on her own shoelaces.
Turns out giving pressers was not a big deal for Hillary Clinton. Yet even after the election there were talking heads like Amy Walters when she was on Chuck Todd who claimed that Trump was helped by his transparency. Someone else pointed out that he stopped giving pressers at the end and she had done a number and her response was something like, ‘You’re right. But that wasn’t our impression.’
Exactly-ie, the media was addicted to its narrative by then, whatever the truth.
Trump had done some pressers, it’s true, prior to July 27. But on that day, he said something that got everyone’s attention. And he never did another.
Russia are you listening?
“Donald J. Trump said on Wednesday that he hoped Russian intelligence services had successfully hacked Hillary Clinton’s email, and encouraged them to publish whatever they may have stolen, essentially urging a foreign adversary to conduct cyberespionage against a former secretary of state.”
“Russia, if you’re listening, I hope you’re able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,” Mr. Trump said during a news conference here in an apparent reference to Mrs. Clinton’s deleted emails. “I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press.”
He asked Russian intelligence to hack into her emails.
In light of that this Julian Assange poster takes on a different hue.
2. Roger Stone also had boasted on CSPAN of his famous ‘back channel’ conversations with Assange.
n an interview that aired Sunday on C-SPAN’s “Newsmakers” program, Roger Stone, the off-the-books Trump adviser, reiterated his claim that he has been in touch with WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange.”
“On the C-SPAN show, Stone told Politico’s Alex Isenstadt of his communication to Assange “through an intermediary—somebody who is a mutual friend”—regarding the 30,000 emails the Clinton staff deleted before turning over the contents of the server to Justice Department investigators. (Clinton maintains that only emails of a personal nature were deleted.) Asked to corroborate Assange’s threat of “an October surprise” to stem from that trove, Stone offered a suggestion he clearly deemed to be more helpful to the Trump campaign.”
Note that while Stone’s communications with Assange are usually discussed regarding the Podesta emails-as he tweeted It will be his time in the barrel very soon-in this CSPAN interview at least he discussed something different-the 30,000 emails on HRC’s server.
So these are three pretty interesting dots:
1. Russia are you listening? at Trump’s July 27 presser. After this, no more press conferences the rest of the campaign.
2. Roger Stone’s ‘back channel’ communication with ‘hero Assange.’ Incidentally, Stone had said in the past that his intermediary was an American journalist-who I had speculated might be Sean Hannity. But recently some information has come to light which suggest his intermediary may be Nigel Farage.
The beauty of Roger Stone is he’s got a very big mouth and doesn’t know when to shut up-which he never does. In a new CNN interview he called on Trump to fire both Robert Mueller and Rod Rosenstein. Considering that Stone himself is under investigation this is straight forward obstruction of justice-for all the world to see. This is how compulsive his need for attention is.
Back to Parscale:
— Caroline O. (@RVAwonk) June 17, 2017
Another point about Parscale: he was very close to Jared Kushner.
“To outsiders, the Trump campaign often appears to be powered by little more than the candidate’s impulses and Twitter feed. But after Trump locked down the GOP nomination by winning Indiana’s primary, Kushner tapped Parscale, a political novice who built web pages for the Trump family’s business and charities, to begin an ambitious digital operation fashioned around a database they named Project Alamo. With Trump atop the GOP ticket, Kushner was eager to grow fast.”
Kushner’s trouble is on three different levels, then:
1. His attempt at a back channel with Russia in the Russian embassy could literally be treason. It may well be a violation of the Logan Act. Yes, apologists point out Logan has never been used in 227 years. Maybe because there was never so blatant a case before.
2. The more innocent explanation was that Kushner was just trying to trade his position for a sweetheart deal to save his struggling 5th Ave property from a sanctioned Russian bank. That’s the more innocent explanation.
Such pecuniary motivations and machinations at least are not by themselves treason.
3. But Kushner is also way up to his eyeballs on the issue of coordinating with Russia. Certainly that Assange poster by itself-with what Trump said on July 27-is pretty incriminating in and of itself.
So that the House wants to talk to Parscale is big. Will it be public?
P.S. So the Gravis poll against Peter King NY2 and it has good news-almost too good to believe.
In my March poll I trailed King by 11 and thought that was very good news. Now Gravis has me up by 10? Still, the moment of truth is next week when Gravis writes up the press release.
And-yes-I do need donations if I have any hope of bringing around the local party to seeing that I am the chance to break out of the party’s long losing streak against King.
Whether you live in NY 2 or across the country, you can donate. As yourself whether you cannot afford even $5 or $10 dollars.
There is nothing more important in getting answers to Trump-Russia collusion than a Democratic House in 2019. Peter King is on the House intelligence committee. I think we all know that he will never be any part of the solution for getting to the bottom of Trump Russia.
Please donate to help me in my part of the effort to fight for a Dem House.
We can have a Dem Congress, we must have a Dem Cogress, and we will.
Thank you. We must have a Dem House. And so, we will.